Thursday 30 October 2014

That song from the Sound of Music

So as I write this I have just uploaded the latest episode of Malifools (#98) and I have to say I think this will be my last episode.

When I started down this path I used to look forward to recording every week but now I see it as a chore to be done rather than something fun.  I am coming to dread recording nights and its starting to effect how I see the game itself, which is still something that I love to play.

I came very close to quitting the show before Adepticon this year and changed my mind after so many folks came up to both Conrad and myself and said they really enjoyed the ramblings but I just don't think I can do it any more.

I'm not looking for sympathy or encouragement or any sort of ego boost, those of you who really know me that whilst I might play the 'all about me' persona it isn't actually what I am about.  What I am about is promoting a game that I feel passionate about and building a strong and vibrant community and I just don't think me doing Malifools is the best way to do it.

Hopefully the others will carry on the show without me and I would like to give my utmost thanks to everyone who has come on an episode in any capacity.  You are all stars.

Time to go before I get maudlin

Edit - This decision doesn't effect Fools Daily.  That show still gets me excited to do as it more reflects me as a gamer with a wide range of interests

1 comment:

  1. Rubbish, as in your reasoning is rubbish, everyone knows the real truth. It was spoons's mic wasn't it? God damned laptop mic ruined it for everyone.

    Can't believe you didn't just push through to hit the 100 though, not sure I could get so close and walk away even if it is just a purely symbolic number!

    ReplyDelete